Almost raw food diet, day six.

DAY 6...

Wow, I feel nauseatingly great today!! I was beside myself with excitement when I looked in the fridge and was reminded of all the healthy veg I bought at the supermarket yesterday and couldn't wait to make a bowl of new and different salad!

Let's talk about cravings today. Instead of just enjoying the celery soup for what it is, I know damn well it would be much improved with crumbled melting blue cheese and this makes me crave blue cheese. The trick here is to add a dollop of plain yogurt and a pinch of salt, which will kind of trick my brain into thinking it's had a cheese hit! When I see in the veg isle "finest virgin baby beetroot flavoured with heavenly mimosa & nectar of the gods" or whatever they call it to make us buy it, I don't just think, "Ooh great I like beetroot", no, I think "Aww that would be wonderful with Feta or Lancashire cheese in a warm pitta bread with sweet onion relish and why not shove some Wiltshire dry cure ham in there for good luck!!"

Smoothie tip...Don't be tempted to add lots of calorie and sugar laden fruit juice, just add a small slosh with water. If the smoothie is too thick, add more water or ice.

Today's food went something like this.
Breakfast, beetroot and pear salad. Midday, fruit smoothie. Late lunch, small bowl of celery soup. Supper was a serving of cooked mussels in a sauce at 130 calories. Snacks were sugar snap peas and a couple of slices of wafer thin ham.
This is my last post about the diet for a while, I'll be back in a week or so with any weight loss to report.

Pear and beetroot salad. This is such a delicious fresh salad and great on it's own or as a side dish!

Finely chop or grate white cabbage, carrot, a pear, sugar snap peas, water cress, cooked beetroot, fresh mint, then dress with tiny splash of olive oil, lemon juice and white balsamic vinegar, season to taste.

Salad with fresh pear and beetroot added.

Comments

Popular Posts