The almost raw food diet, day 20.

Day 20...

It is two weeks since I last reported on my diet. During this time, I was pretty steady until my Birthday on the 9th!! My neighbours took Mr. T and myself out to lunch at the fabulous "Williams" in Nailsworth, where I succumbed to the best battered fish and chips I've ever tasted!! Damn, fell off the wagon big time. I did try to get back in the flow, but worse still, I am now craving  pizza and want to top it with anchovies, olives and capers, Noooo!! Luckily I found Warburtons thin bread wraps to use as a pizza base, which I can top with squished roast vegetables and just a little mozzarella!! This is a great idea, as the base only has 121 cals and it's so much less expensive, while also filling the pizza craving!
I'm going to keep up the raw food in between scoffing naughty food, but don't think I have lost any weight at all! Maybe a couple of pounds came off to begin with, but I'm back to the same old me! The problem is that I don't actually "need" to loose any weight, hey ho!

To make the pizza topping, roast vegetables in the oven with no oil or fat. I chose, tomatoes with the bottoms sliced off, making it easy to remove the skins after. Red pepper, onion, whole garlic cloves, courgette, mushrooms.
Roast for around 20 mins, then remove the skin from the pepper, tomatoes and squeeze the garlic paste out of the skins. Roughly chop and mix all together, adding optional herbs, such as, paprika, black pepper, chilli leave to cool. Keep this covered in the fridge until you want to make a pizza, it should keep for a few days.

To make the pizza. I gently warm the veg topping in a pan with added tomato puree.
In a hot grill, warm the underside of the bread wrap for a few mins, taking care not to let it burn.
Turn the wrap over, cover with the topping, add a small amount of crumbled mozzarella, or use low fat shredded mozzarella for even less calories. I also added olives, capers and anchovies, as I love piquant salty flavours, then grill until the cheese is bubbling. I cut my pizza in half and saved the other half for later, as it's great cold too!! Serve with a big salad.
If you choose a low fat shredded mozzarella, I recon the pizza will weigh in at under 400 calories for the whole thing!


I cut the pizza in half to serve with salad.



Comments

Popular Posts